Happy Monday Civics Students!
Here are the instructions for class today (if you're not taking a test).
1) Go to this website: http://www.marshalladulteducation.org/reading-skills-for-todays-adult
2) Choose a story and click on it.
3) Write down the story's title and the vocabulary words they give you on your reading worksheet.
4) First reading: Read the story through once while timing yourself
5) Second reading: Read to the story while listening to it at the same time (press the play button in the box at the top left corner of the window)
6) Third reading: Read at your normal pace (no timer, no sound)
7) Write down the answers to the Understanding questions 1-7 on your worksheet.
*Choose one of the Writing practice questions and answer it on a blank sheet of paper from your notebook.
8) If time, get a new worksheet and start another story.